Reporting a Problem¶
When you run into a problem in OST or have question regarding it’s usage, there are a few things you can do to make the life of people helping you easier. If you follow these simple steps, you will make sure, people understand what you are after and will get a response more quickly.
- Provide a short explanation of what you tried to accomplish, the result you were expecting and what you got instead. A good example would be: I tried to read the attached PDB file. The file looks clean to me, but OST fails with the following error: “invalid coordinate on line 4.”
- If possible, attach a small script that reproduces the problem.
- Include the relevant error message in your report
- Include the version of OpenStructure you are using
- Specify your operating system
- If you compiled OpenStructure manually, also include the version for Qt, Eigen, Python and Boost.